"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I LOVE YOU EGG! (ie that'll be one halloumi omelette for me tanks! No - make it THREE)



Oh yes, I have been loving the egg very much lately. I realised that, quite accidentally, on Friday, I managed to eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I actually woke up Friday morning dreaming of a big egg fry up (including, dare I confess, bacon - but that is a thought I find much less appealing when awake, and we are a strictly no bacon household). So of course, despite having to prepare for a meeting with my phd supervisors, I had to cook myself eggs, tomatoes and spanish onions for breakfast - mmmm! Then I met up with a friend for lunch, and we had some free sandwiches at a faculty event, and I just happened to select egg sandwiches.

Then, when I was heading home, I called the kids ("teenagers"? - that just sounds odd) and they were making hamburgers for dinner, and I spent the whole bus ride home planning and salivating about my egg-burger, which I have to say, took a while to make but was just as good as I imagined.

Egg! Om nom nom nom!!

Image from here (if you want to listen to the song, be prepared for high pitched singing of the praises of egg & cuteness overload)

No comments:

Post a Comment