It has all been so grey for the last few weeks, that I could hardly bear to inflict my sullen mood on anyone else but myself. But this week, I can not only see the corner, but am being happily dragged around it, primarily by beloved friends and family just coming and being with and sharing their sparkle.
In particular, here are some of the corner-turning things:
- Digging in the company of my dad and El Prima. The poor pomegranite is STILL not planted, but oh boy does it have a rolls royce hole to look forward to. We've just bought mushroom compost and mulch to mix in with the dirt, so planting is imminent. If I can keep up the digging, I think it can substitute completely for any SSRIs.
- Eating cake, drinking tea and extracting gardening advice with lovely new neighbours.
- This, courtesy of P. Plus, being plied with chocolate zuccini cake and home made anzac bickies!
- A farm visit with an old friend, and eyefuls of Mt Sturgeon, Mt Abrupt, wedge-tailed eagles and a ridiculously frisky three-week old foal.
- Tuesday night champagne with another old friend.
I know we might not be able to quite keep up this pace, but it does make things so much easier, being around lovely people.
Pinafore Obsession - I have been casually searching since sometime last year for the perfect pair of dungarees and the perfect pinafore. The dungarees are for another day, th...
4 weeks ago