"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Breathing and (mostly) functioning

Here are some of the things that make it a bit better:

- the sound the cat makes when I accidentally sneeze on him. Both surprised and disgusted all at once.
- Rima being home, although she was kind enough to bring back a sniffy head cold especially for me.
- pulling my finger out and starting to sort out actual dates for starting back at work, even if the idea of it is still pretty scary.
- finding people who seem to have survived this kind of loss and are even "integrating" it into lives in which good things happen.
- random stories about otters from lovely people.

2 comments:

  1. When do you have to go back to work? I imagine it is hard to hazard others' reactions, or others no knowing how to react and therefore avoiding you altogether.

    I love random otter stories! (Or random anything non-human stories, really.) I hope that you & Rima are both recovering from your colds-- poor cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking like I'll start part time towards the end of april. But it'll be a new job, so I guess I can decide how much to tell people. But still - not looking forward to that bit.

    Otters make everything better!

    Cat didn't mind - at least I don't bite him! (he bites me on a regular basis, little nutter)

    ReplyDelete