- I think it is a signal of how often we do ironing, that the cat (now nearly 1 year old) got very excited when we brought out the ironing board from the laundry, and is now obsessed with it.
- El Prima bought the "what to expect" book today. I find the twee little bits about babies and cuddles a bit annoying, but it is reassuringly filled with seemingly useful information. And despite my initial worries, it doesn't come across as too judgemental. But zero points for including same-sex families.
- I've managed to eat a huge amount of grapes today. And I just tried to explain the winter solstice to Snacky (El Prima's middle daughter, 15 years old) using a grape to represent the earth - not quite sure how successfully. Mmmm grapes!
- My dad & stepmum were in town from interstate - and we went to see them, which was lovely, but I made the mistake of not eating a proper big breakfast before we went out (because I thought we were going for brunch). As it turned out, we didn't have "brunch" until about 1:30pm, by which time (despite nibbling on almonds & dates) I was so hungry I had a headache.
- Our first ultrasound is tomorrow! We're at approx 7 weeks, so this is mainly to check dates & viability. Cross fingers we see (hear?) a heartbeat.
Pinafore Obsession - I have been casually searching since sometime last year for the perfect pair of dungarees and the perfect pinafore. The dungarees are for another day, th...
4 weeks ago