"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well, be careful of those home pregnancy testing kits...

Because sometimes they are WRONG!!

Blood test showed HCG 539.    And then the nurse told me two completely improbable dates - 23 September for a scan to confirm a heartbeat, and 16 May 2012 as an estimated due date.  I very nearly said, "Ha ha, as if!" but that would have been rude.  And also showing very little faith in this tenacious little embryo's persistence.  Oh, it is so so lovely to be proven wrong in my sad scared little theories that everyone but me was allowed to get pregnant. 

Who knows what path lies ahead for this pregnancy, but we haven't gotten this far since Monday 1 June 2009, when I stood with a positive test in hand, staring at the wall - Haloumi's entry point into our lives. 

16 May 2012.  The day before my little brother's birthday.  Yikes.  But right now, 10 September 2011 is enough to deal with. 

Thanks so much for all your love & encouragement.  You rock too! xxxx h

ps so glad other people could see the elephant too.

31 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG, OMG, I am so flippin' excited for you. BEST NEWS TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so much love to little tle xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! I know you are scared and nervous but also joyful. I'm really excited for you and your family. So glad those home preg tests aren't so sensitive;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! WONDERFUL!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just wonderful Hanen. So happy for you and El Prima. Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooo hoooo whoop whoop and yay! Sticky baby dust to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really really great, lovely, happy news. Congratulations!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray! *Doing happy dance* Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually lurk, root and pray for you without comment....but today,

    WOOOHOOOEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. c sent me a text to tell me the wonderful news! just popped by to wish you big fat clumps of happy healthy pregnancy luck. the world seems a much better place today, knowing you are up the duff.

    owlie from enough grows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Dance for you!

    Please take care, and my best wishes are with you.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, honey, I whooped here. Sending you so much love, so much. EEp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is the message we have been waiting for - well done to you two. phew. and YAY
    biggest love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg!!!!!!!!! I am so so SOOOO happy for you!! This moment will propel your life into so many directions!!! Your beta number ROCKS!! I hope you find some time for a little celebration. You deserve it and more. Congrats!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best news, Hanen. So incredibly happy for you. Tears in my eyes. All my love and hope being beamed your way. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha ha my instinct to save my teeth gnashing was completely RIGHT! Sooooo pleased for you and El Prima xoxoxo Going to go and do a happy dance around my house now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO happy to read this!! Huge congratulations!
    - M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!! I'm sending you so much luck and love for this pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hurray! So happy for this news! Sending you love and hoping for you and El Prima!

    Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So thrilled to hear this. sending sticky vibes and i have everything crossed for you x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Arghhh, I'm so late to this! Oh H, so happy for you and holding my breath and crossing all fingers and toes for you!
    Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omg! Checking in from vacation on my touch...so happy. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG AMAZING!!!! Congratulations. SO SO SO happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much dear ones!! In defence of home pregnancy tests, I should let you know, we tried another one, and there it was, a pale second line. So I guess that means they didn't mix up the blood test results (phew!). xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete