"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

We have seen the halloumi cheese! (and she/he is a very handsome halloumi cheese)

Scan went really well - we saw a beautiful halloumi spine, heart, organs, brain, little feet,little hands clasping the umbilical cord, and a little face snuggling into the wall of my uterus. All healthy and very active! Feeling so so lucky and even more excited than before.

Apparently my placenta is high (which is good), but a far edge of it comes a little bit close to my cervix, so we'll have to have another scan at 34 weeks to check that it is far enough away. But the ultrasound technician felt very confident that by then, with a bigger uterus, it would be well away from the cervix.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

3 comments: