"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Krabby Patties



You know when Mr Krabs Spongebob Squarepants' boss gets really angry and mean? C'est moi at the moment.

Here are some of the things which have turned me into a cranky bitch in the last 24 hours:

- The stupid Australian Open ("tennis" - apparently some people wish to watch this repetitive crap) being on the television.

- beloved members of my family wishing to watch the Australian Open pretty much all day from about 10 am until ... oh yes, that crap is still on the tv and taking over my living room right now. At 11pm at night. Is there no flipping rest from that crap?

- tripping over a sewing machine in the hallway. Why is it there? Oh yes, we are still unpacking our house and there is shit (i mean, all our precious belongings) everywhere.

- beloved stepchildren feeling compelled to tear a chewing gum packet (both foil and cardboard) into minute pieces, and leave them on the table on the front porch. The front porch being the one place I can escape from the "tennis" and from all the crap in our house.

- idiots who drive at 140km per hour (with a blood alcohol reading of 1.06 - hilarious) up a suburban road, managing to kill themselves, four of their best friends, and maim the younger sister of one of their best friends, in a car with only 5 seatbelts. Get a fucking clue people.

These things make me cranky. I'm sorry to be in such a bad mood. Tomorrow I'll have to write about how beautiful some people are, such as the dear friends and family who have been driving us to medical appointments, cooking us amazing food, doing our washing etc etc etc.

But for now crabbiness will have to suffice. Please stay safe and hold your loved ones tight. xxxxh

3 comments:

  1. I came across from Cecily's blog and actually live a little North of where the idiots are killing themselves. I remember hearing about what happened to you on the news and I wanted to say how sorry I am. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you and your wife and to have it hashed out in the papers must have been exceptionally difficult. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tennis drives me insane every summer. this year I had the guts to tell Pcat that I honestly DON'T care about who is playing or what the score is or if it is going to be a good match.

    i think everyone gets a little crabby - over important things and over trivial things. i don't think you need to apologise for it.

    as per your latest request I've just donated to the oxfam haiti appeal- i was mulling it over and your post actually made me do it..so thanks for that.
    owlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i neglected to say: given you have survived such a hellish event i think you have every right to be crabby for as long as you need to be.

    ReplyDelete